Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

borderline personality disorder?

just wondering if anyone on here has this or knows much about it ? all i've found is a few medical website's definitions which seem to fit what i do exactly. although they all claim to be largely the result of being abused as a child or abandoned which isn't the case. finally going to go to the doctors and get tested for things including this. anyone have this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Perryh
|

replied July 31st, 2011
Borderline Personality Disorder: The Good Prognosis Diagnosis
Borderline personality disorder is a disorder that affects more that 5% of the population. It is a disorder that is treatable and one where people can recover with the right therapy. The National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder has hosted over 35 conferences on the disorder and has many of the conference presentations on its web site www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com. It is often a diagnosis that is misdiagnosed and therefore going to a mental health professional who has experience treating people with the disorder is crucial. Dr Mary Zanarini has termed it "the good prognosis diagnosis" based on her longitudinal research. Congress passed a House Resolution in 2009 declaring May as BPD Awareness Month and with people like Brandon Marshall sharing their journey perhaps others will also come forth and bring hope to the BPD community that the disorder is treatable.
|

replied December 29th, 2011
Experienced User
thank you very much, sorry only just seen this reply. I will look at the link.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....