Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

Borderline enlarged spleen? Totally terrified..

I guess I'm looking for peace of mind. 8 years ago on an abdominal US they incidentally found my spleen was borderline enlarged at 12.5 cm.. The dr didn't seem concerned one but bc no other symptoms and flawless bloodwork. Since then I've gotten regular bloodwork and everything has always been perfect. I have zero other symptoms. Well, I recently went for an annual exam with a new GP and I mentioned the enlarged spleen issue to her.. She decided to ultrasound me and it's still " borderline enlarged " at 12.4 cm. She is totally baffled as to why and wants me to go to a hematologist who happens to be an oncologist as well. This is consuming my thoughts and I'm thinking the WORST! Why is it enlarged for 8 years?!!!!! But then I try to calm myself down thinking it can't be anything too bad bc it's been eight years with zero symptoms ? I'm a healthy 31 year old mom and I just am so so soo scared something dreadful is wrong. Anyone have any insight? Im waiting on hematologist to call to schedule the apt but in meantime it consumes my thoughts all day every day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2015
Anyone?
|

replied March 6th, 2015
Anyone?
|

replied March 6th, 2015
Anyone?
|

replied September 28th, 2016
12.5 isnt very large to be honest. mines been 19 for a few years and it been about 15 since i was a child. nothing to worry unless its painful.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Got pain under your left side ribs? Is your left abdomen swollen or tender to touch? You might be dealing with a problem related to the spleen!...
Certain diseases can cause the spleen to swell to several times its normal size. Learn the signs and symptoms of spleen problems here....
An enlarged spleen is the result of an underlying disorder. What spleen disorders do doctors consider during diagnosis? What tests do they use?...