Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Booger like discharge from vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
So for a few months now, I have had booger-like discharge from my vagina. I do not know the cause. It started in February either right before, during, or after I had strep throat. It's almost everyday and don't ask, but it's sour tasting.. I want to know what it is and what to do.. It's freaking me out and now that I have a new boyfriend, I'm not wanting to do sexual stuff. I did have sex with him once, protected, yesterday actually.. I wouldn't let him 'go down' on me because I know it tastes icky and I'm weird about it now. It tasted normal about the middle of May because I had oral and he said it tasted like normal. A little copperish though. So yeah, help me out? OH! I stopped using birth control towards the end of February and started taking them today in hopes it ends it..

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A15039
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You need to get the ‘discharge’ coming out of vagina tested to see if there is any infection. This can be done by discussing with your gynecologist for an examination and vaginal swab test.
If any infection is found to be present, get both you and your boyfriend treated simultaneously and avoid having unprotected intercourse while being on the treatment to avoid chances of re-infection.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.