my moms bones hurt when touched a little bit roughly?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gingigi
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
How old is your mother? This could be a result of any number of things, you will have to be more specific....it could be anything from fibromialgia to RA.
|

shes 39 umm shes a fast food worker but for her self she opened her own little restaurant...anyways she says that when my dad hugs her her bones hurt and she says its cause of the cooking any medications like vitamins or calcium you recomend (the best)
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
It worries me that she says bones, because if that's what it really is, then she should see a doctor.

If it's what I think it is, which is mainly stress and fatigue from having her own restaurant and being overworked, it's probably more of a muscle soreness and bodily fatigue that she is feeling. Of course, the best thing is to have adequate sleep and a healthy diet, but I know sometimes these things are hard to maintain on a daily basis, especially when the mind is stressed over life in general.

I recommend calcium (good for bones and muscles) and vitamin D (also for bones) as well as magnesium, which is a great help in muscle relaxation and maintenance. There is a product called Mama Calm, which is a relaxing magnesium supplement that she can take at bedtime. (Just be sure to take it in small does as directed or it causes watery bowel movements.) For the others, natural food sourced vitamins are the best when you can't get them from what you eat.

I personally like the "Alive" vitamins, which are whole food vitamins and the most easily absorbed. They are more expensive but worth it, and you can get them at places like vitacost and iherb for much cheaper than a local health food store. There is also a liquid vitamin called Heaven Sent Naturals or HSN, which is very good and you can get it at the same places. I have taken both of these kinds myself. They are pretty much top of the line in whole food vitamins.

A warm bath in epsom salts (which is magnesium) could be very helpful as well for mental and physical relaxation.

For now, maybe your dad should lay off the hugging and give your mom a soothing massage Smile I hope this helps and she feels better soon.
|

replied April 4th, 2012
I have the same problem. 41 year old female. Hurts if some one touches my ribs very much. Also, wrists, ankles, knees, and mid back pain. I have to sleep with several pillows strategically placed to avoid pain, such as between my knees and between my ankles, as well as hugging one to avoid pain in my upper body. Also have to avoid touching arms to anything hard such as tables as it hurts very badly. Rather fatigued all the time, and last hospital visit due to miscarriage had a white blood cell count at over 25,000. Grandma had RA.
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2012
Having the same kind of pain, I was wondering if anyone has figured out the cause? The ankle pain if touched for me is the worst but I can relate to resting your arm, especially if on the legs, that hurts now too!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....