About 8 years ago I noticed I had a growth on the center of my forehead. It grew over the years and I finally went in to have it Xrayed. They said it was just bone, but the bone has grown and seems to continue to grow. In is in the center of my forehead and looks like a horn or something. It is in fact bone.

Is this something a doctor or anyone can fix? Since I didn't have it before is it something that can be removed? Does anyone know? Please help. It is really noticeable and is starting to really bother me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
I would be worried about this too. I can't seem to find any information on this at all. Maybe you should get an MRI and see if there is some other reason why it is still growing....
|

replied March 10th, 2010
Bone Spur on forehead
I have one too. I play ice hockey and sometimes think it's from the pressure of my helmet. I went to the doctor and he also said it was just bone. What do I do? It really bothers me!
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2011
Bone spurs on sternum
I just found out that I have bone spurs on my sternum, right where the clavicle sits. Most days, it seems to me that the joint gets inflamed, then I get these zaps in that area that just drop me to my kness. This "zapping" can last for hours or even weeks at a time. My doctors are saying that they dont usally remove bone spurs. What should I do? Anyone with any ideas for me? I would sure appreciate it.
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
GingerLilly67,

It is the underlying condition that caused the bone spurs, that needs to be determined and treated. Removing the bone spurs will not alleviate the underlying condition, so they will just come back.

You should probably see a rheumatologist, to determine why these joints are being affects so much. It is unusual for the sternoclavicular joints to develop any type of arthropathy.

Good luck.
|

replied October 13th, 2012
Bone spur bump forehead
On a recent visit to a dermatologist, I asked him about a lump on my forehead (probably caused by a hard bump on rear SUV tailgate window). Lump has now grown to about half the size of an olive. Dermatologist said it is likely bone growth from the trauma similar to a bone spur in a toe (I have had a spur surgically removed from each big toe through the years). Dermatologist said it could be removed via outpatient surgery under general anesthesia by a neck surgeon. I just went through bilateral knee replacement and have decided since the forehead has no pain and my hair covers it for now, it can wait til the lump gets to be the size of a golf ball.
|
Tags: bone, treatment
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....