User Profile
Hello,

I am a 22 year old male. I have been experiencing bone pain in my knees since 9-10 months.
Initially i experienced it during the winter months and I ignore it. But after few months I realized it didn't go away. So, I started exercising in the gym - treadmill, weight lifting etc. The pain still persists. Also, I got my bone density checked - I got a T-score of 3.95.
A score of 0 to -1 is considered normal whereas below -1 means there is weakness in bones. But mine is + 3.95. I don't understand why is it so high. I recently went to a doctor and he did an X-ray and my bones looked fine. He just suggested me some knee exercises and said that less cartilage around the bones might be a problem. Also, he suggested me to go for a fluoride test as high concentration of fluoride does increase bone density. Recently I have also started experiencing sensitivity in my elbow joint and in the sides of the chin.

Can anyone help?
Is it due to low levels of calcium and vitamin D? I admit I don't get those in proper doses.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2016
Fluoride can cause joint pain
Fluoride can make bones thicker but more brittle If you drink lots of fluoridated water (and other sources of fluoride), fluoride could be the cause. Also get your spine x-rayed. Back abnormalities can affect knees. However, both calcium and vitamin D are essential.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank nyscof for this post: ak08 
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....