I was diagnose with bone island at my lungs, please enlighten me if this is a decease or any information about this may help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
michael68,

A "Bone Island" is an enostosis. This is a small focus of hard cortical bone within the spongy cancellous bone, of a bone within the body. It is a benign finding. Bone islands do not cause any symptoms. If a bone island is suspected of causing symptoms, it should be evaluated, as some other process is going on.

However, "bone islands" do not occur in lung tissue. They can occur on the ribs. But, it is possible to have areas of calcification within the lung tissue.

There are many causes of calcifications within the lung tissue. It is known that lung nodules with calcification are usually benign.

You should discuss this finding with your physician.

Good luck.
|

replied March 13th, 2012
Bone Island
does it means that I'm not fit to work?

aside for consulting a doctor, what else can I do?
|
Tags: bone
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....