Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Bone cancer? had blood tests and a chest scan...

Well, Ive been told Im a hypochondriac since many years ago when I stopped smoking marijuana cause I thought I had cancer.

In recent time however, I still continue to be a bit paranoid about my health and have had blood tests and a chest scan that didn't turn up anything.

My latest thought is that I possibly have some sort of bone cancer. Ive had a growth on my forearm above my elbow for years now, as long as I can remember. Recently Ive been feeling even more "out of it." Some other symptoms Ive noticed are frequent urination, weight loss (i am traveling down in Colombia and have lost 15 lbs or so recently, seemed to happen last year when I left the country as well and may have put it back on in the States), weird sensations in my knees, weakness/ tingly at times. In addition, my vision for a while now has been dominated by lots of bubble looking things, especially at night I notice when I look at the stars I see them through a cloud of hazyness. At times I become suuper sluggish and lack energy and then at times not at all, quite the opposite in fact, and I feel like Im still a high school athlete. And the really weird one now is that when I drink, which I sometimes do too often and too much, I just sit down and fall asleep. Random chest pain at times too. I feel like I theres a dull ache around the bone as well, but cant really be sure. I dont know what to think.

As Ive said Ive talked to a doctor, but never about bone cancer, I was thinking some sort of lung cancer since I used to smoke a lot of pot, but thats been ruled out. Had blood test as well which didnt turn up anything. Problem now is I am down in Colombia traveling and had planned to be for the next year or so, so hard to talk to a doctor and Ive wanted to tell my Mom about this for a while, we've talked about it here and there but I sometimes get pretty freaked out about my health and cant really express to her the magnitude... anyway...

any suggestions? thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. You can have all your body scanned and evaluated but i feel like its anxiety . But significant weight loss of 15 pounds and bone growths need to be evaluated and ruled out for any malignancy which i am sure wont be any and will turn out tobe anxiety and paranoia which will need supportive therapy with psychiatrist .

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.