User Profile
Some of the things on my butt are ingrown hairs. Others I have no idea what they are - boils maybe? It's all discolored. The unknown bumps are large and you can feel more lumps inside.

The discoloration is also on my inner thigh, and a few small bumps.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2016
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A59133
Hello and welcome
Your concern is appreciated
Ideally that would need an examination as what are these bumps but most likely it can be ingrown hairs, folliculitis which is infection of hair follicles, carbuncles, dark pimple fornation. It mostly results from clogged pores of skin or hair follicles or glands in the skin, can be sebaceous cyst, pilonidal sinus is one another possibility.
The treatment is cause directed but keeping the area dry and clean wearing loose clothing can prevent many of this antibiotics is given when there is invloved infection.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Acne
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.