I am a 28 year old female with the following symptoms that have developed over the last 8 months (shortly after giving birth to my daughter).

Numbness, tingling, weakness, and pain on the right side of my body
Upper abdominal pain and back pain
Lower abdominal cramping
Headache (back of head on right side)
Easily bruising
Occasional diarrhea
weight loss

I have seen a variety of doctors and the following tests have come back normal.

All blood work (with the exception of a vitamin D deficiency)
MRI of brain and cervical spine
Pap Smear and pelvic exam

I am currently waiting the results of a spinal tap and the last neurologist that I saw has ordered another MRI with contrast this time (contrast was not done before due to breastfeeding). I have been diagnosed with everything from reflux to migraines but none of the medications have worked. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2008
Supporter
You'll have to wait for the lab results to know for sure. IF all diagnostic possibilities have been considered, it's possibly a psycho-somatic symptom. Do you have any experience with psycho-somatic problems in the past?
|

replied October 12th, 2008
Not phycho-somatic
All I can say in reply to your post is that this is certainly not psycho-somatic. My husband and I are diligently searching for a real medical diagnosis to a real medical condition. Fortunately, we found a neurologist that agrees that something is going on with my body that is not stress/anxiety related based on her neurological exam. I posted my story on this health forum in hopes that someone out there that has had similar symptoms can share their experience and diagnosis. Have you had similar symptoms? If so please share your story.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2010
Hi,2 years have passed since ur post. If you have an answer please please share it or I could tell you what i've been diagnzed with. I'm really sorry for everything you went through or maybe still going thru

Best Regards
|

replied July 1st, 2011
Twinkle or MandMmom - I would like to hear either of your stories as I am experiencing similar symptoms and searching for answers
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2013
did you ever find out what it was?
if you would go read my post...
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....