Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

blushing ; embarrassment , flushed face

User Profile
i suffer from being embarrassed, my condition brings on anxiety when anyone says anything that could be mis-interpreted as derogatory, rude or in anyway it lowers self moral, i ever suffer from constant expectancy of flushes to the face, and at times these flushes can feel extreme and abnormally hot, it is a constant challenge to get through the day without being apprehensive to feeling embarrassed, the feelings are often so overwhelming it leaves me very isolated from people socially, the heat of my skin can seem to scare me on a truly manic level who ever i am with, or where i am present seldom relieves the sensitivity to embarrassment. is there anyway to reduce facial heat or my illness even on a physical level to reduce the heat of blushing?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2010
Anxiety and Stress Answer A13543
Thanks for using this forum....

You have a social problem and it could be one of the diseases you mention...Alongwith the drug you are taking you should take some stress relieving excersises and do meditation to help you give relief...

take care....

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.