Hello,

My name is Keith, and for the past couple of years I have had a sensitivity to the sunset. If I am not wearing a pair of sunglasses, I will get blurry vision, with a lack of peripheral sight, and a headache. It has been getting worse and more frequent. The strange thing is, I have no problem with the sunrise. I can be without sunglasses at any time of the day with no problem. I have looked online to see if anyone else has heard of this or suffered the same, but have found nothing. Can anyone here be of help? Any insight will be appreciated!

Thank you- Keith
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2010
do they water too?

what is your working environment like?

does it occur only at sunset or also when you step out into the light from darkness?
|

Blurry vision
It actually can happen in any environment, sometimes if I am in a dim area like a warehouse it will happen to. I have been taking niacin and magnesium lately, and it has helped, but it happened again a couple days ago. Really frustrating! It has never happened during sunrise. Does this happen to you also?
|

User Profile
when i go outside at around sunset sometimes it feels like someone is trying to gouge my eyes out. not much like what you have, but it happens. i've never heard of exactly what you have. you should really go see an optometrist, hun. i did, he said it was eye strain and perscribed me glasses
|

replied January 26th, 2010
If you wear normal glasses you could put a transition lens in it to deal with changes in light, and antireflective lenses to deal with glare (AR also helps with halos at night and with computer eye strain).
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....