I have been experiencing dry eyes and blurry vision on and off for a few months now. I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I figured that it was FM or a side effect from some meds. I did possibly suffer from a possible TIA two weeks ago. The symptoms had begun prior to the possible TIA and have continued afterwards. They have not established whether it was a TIA or not. During the possible TIA I experienced a horrible pressure type headache, double vision, and a noted decrease in cognative abilites. Afterwards the headache and double vision contiued for 45 minutes. I not sure if that is related but since they both happened lately I thought it should be noted.

Like I said, I have been seeing double even if I cover one eye. This seems to come and go. It has happened 4 times in the last two weeks. The double vision usually lasts about 4-5 hours at a time. I have been experiencing pain constantly that seems to come from all around the eye. It is anywhere from mild to moderated/severe pain. I also have pain when I close or move my eyes from left to right etc. My eye prescription has changed quite a bit in the past month. (I have an appointment with my optometrist to see if it has changed in the past week.) I was sent to the opthamologist to check out my symptoms. She ordered a MRI of my orbits and another MRI that I can't remember. She started me on over the counter dry eye drops for my dry eyes.

The Dr. did say I had cataracts in both eyes. They were starting to turn yellow. She was not concerned with it as she said they were in the early stages.

She was quite evasive about any cause of my visual problems. She said it might be inflammation of the eye or refractive perception problem.I am worried that she ordered some MRI tests. What is going on? What is she checking for?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I think that she is taking wonderful precautions to make sure that there isn't any other damage...The dry eye drops will help make your eyes more comfortable...Don't move your eyes from side to side if they cause you pain...Just try to relax...Not to worry about the MRI...It is a wonderful examination that will help you get to the bottom of your problem....Good luck...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....