I got a sinus infection about 2 months ago and it affected my left eye with blurred vision. My infection is gone now but my eye is still blurry. I have had every test there is and no one seems to know the answer. Could a sinus infection cause blurred vision and will it come back?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Vision changes related to sinusitis warrant serious medical attention.
An infectious process involving the paranasal sinuses and orbits, can affect the optic nerve, leading to optic neuritis, an inflammation of optic nerve.
Its main symptom is decreased vision clearness, that may stay as permanent change.
Another condition to be taken in consideration is optic neuropathy.
Blurred vision and progressive vision loss associated with pain around the eye, may indicate compressive optic neuropathy due to a sinus infection (collection of pus from sinus reaches and presses on the nerve).
This optic neuropathy can resemble the optic neuritis.

So, the answer to your question, will be yes, sinus infection can lead to blurred vision, that in some cases remain permanent.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....