Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

blurred vision/ double vision, Could it be ms ?

Hi
I am writing a post today coz I'm really concerned but I don't want to look stupid by going to the doctors and him thinking it's nothing.
The symptoms I'm experiencing are depression blurred vision/ double vision I'm getting pins and needles in my hands arms legs and feet fatigue and my hands shake and I get headaches often
I have been having these symptoms on and off for a few months
I just don't know if I should talk to my doctor about it
Any advice any one could give I would apreticated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2012
I just recently got diagnosed with MS and that pins and needles feeling and fatigue were exactly what I had and thought was nothing too. Visual problems are exceedingly common with multiple sclerosis. I promise you that you will not regret the decision to visit your doctor- in fact, you will probably be glad you did. The symptoms that you are experiencing scream some sort of neurological condition, although with the shaking hands and frequent headaches, it could wind up being a different neurological condition but I do double that the symptoms you are experiencing are nothing. I wish you the best of luck!
|

replied April 7th, 2012
thank you so much for answering my post im going to visit my doctor in the next few days because i know something is wrong. thanks for putting my mind at ease that its not all in my head
|

replied April 25th, 2012
Hope this helps!
I was diagnosed with MS in 2008 and my first symptoms were double vision and nystagmus (Rapid involuntary movements of the eyes). I first visited my optometrist who referred me to a neural ophthalmologist and after testing I was sent to a neurologist. After another round of tests (MRI, Lumbar Puncture, and a full neurological workup)and a relapse that included vertigo and extreme fatigue I was diagnosed. My life has changed but it is not over, I have had a beautiful baby boy without any problems and other than the heat I feel good most days. If it turns out to be MS, I wish you well!
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....