Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Blotchy face after vomiting

I've been vomiting for like 8 months but i want to stop, it is a voluntary vomiting, not so often, like 1 or 2 times a week, just if i eat too much, but either way I want to stop it, I want to know also if getting a blotchy face after vomiting is normal and if I stop doing it, will my face and metabolism return to normal? or do I need some kind of treatment.. can I fix everything i messed up those months?..please I need help, thanks..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2009
Yes it is fixable. Just try eating small portions for awhile til your stomach can adjust to having more food in the body. Gradually start eating more and more portions. Will take some time, but that is the only way for your stomach to get back normal.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....