Hi, I'm a 22 years old female and I've been suffered from blood stool in the last 5 days, there's no pain when I go, but I feel some abdominal pain right under my stomach at belly button line during the day. I don't suffer from diarrhea nor hard stool. I also feel so dizzy and almost hit my head on the table at work yesterday, I though it's maybe stress so I took a day off and slept well but nothing has changed today.
Is this something serious that I should go to a doctor for?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2013
If you are sure its not a period and actually blood in your stool - then YES go to doctor asap! Especially if you have started feeling light headed or dizzy. When I had this just for a night and was told by triage nurse over the phone if it happened more again to go the ER (had diarrhea that was just straight blood at the time I called it had been 2nd time in an hour) they also said if it happened again or I felt light headed or dizzy at all go to ER. They said if there were a couple possibilities and if the GI tract was bleeding you may not feel much pain but you can be losing too much blood somewhere causing you to get dizzy. Even if it is stress related the dizziness can be from dehydration and loss of blood especially if you have been bleeding for 5 days. Call your doc, if he can't get you in go to a urgent care or ER.
|

User Profile
Is it a lot of blood? if not then it could be the abrasion. If its a lot. Go to the doctor.
|

Well, before flushing all I can see is red down there, and I'm not on my period.
I hate that if I go the hospital they might need a sample or something, it'd be so embarrassing.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2013
Docs and Hospitals have seen worse no need to be embarrassed. if it make you feel better I first asked a nurse at the hospital when I was stay overnight with my Grandmother who just had hip surgery and I had the issue in the bathroom and called the nurse in there before calling my doc's after hours number. Most likely they with check for hemorrhoids, if initially they see nothing they may set you up with a GI Doc who with sned a scope most like through both ends (yes stomach and backdoor - but you will be knocked out) the longer you bleed with each one there is more chance of you losing too much blood and not know it and could pass out when you least expect it. thus would you rather get hurt worse from passing out, or possibly during driving... If it keeps you and others safe embarrassment is nothing.
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....