I don't know how any of you went through this and came out the other side. All week my BP has been going from 115/70 (at a low) to 177/113 (at the high). Twice this week I have gone to the ER (3 times if you count the twice in one day) to check my BP. The first time they gave me clonidine, guess it worked but not as quickly as it usually does. Went to my cardio's NP (he wasn't available) and she rx'd Cardizem. Took it last night and my throat was tight so they told me to stop.

Tonight my BP shot up to 177/113 (on my home monitor) - went to the ER again and it was 158/99 when I checked in. Again, they gave me the clonidine and an rx to take it for the next few days.

I'm so frustrated and I'm sure my nerves are not helping out any but I am trying to relax as much as possible. I'm 45 yrs old, good weight and general health so this is all freaky to me. What bothers me the most is that during the day I'm fine, as the evening starts my BP goes up and up. At that time I'm generally home alone watching TV or reading with my kitten - I am not under stress then. Any thoughts or advice you have would be so appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper trvlgrl64
|

replied March 24th, 2010
You say you are not under stress in the evening. Is it possible that in fact there is some stress there that you are not acknowledging? For example - and this might not apply at all to you - I read recently of some links between loneliness and high bp. [I am having some problems with bp generally, including at night.
RM
|

replied March 24th, 2010
additional comment: reading other threads, there are a few people saying their bp is highest in the evening.
|

replied January 14th, 2012
BP higher at night
Did any of you find out why your bp is high at night? I have the same thing happening to me. Around 4 o'clock it starts when it has been as low as 111/68 in the morning then up into the 160's or higher for no apparent reason. I am on a quest and when I find the answer I will get back to you all. Also my pulse starts to race into the 90's and I get confusion and sometimes fearful. I don't have insurance so I cannot run off to the ER. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks Linda
|

replied June 15th, 2013
My BP has been mega up and down for a couple of years, but in the last 8/12 ive been seeing an endocrinologist to help me with it. My BP can be around 145/80 during the day but at night can be as high as 235/118. Yep mega High. Ive been haveing day/night studies conducted and that has shown that my sympathetic nervous system is going crazy causing my para sympathetic nervous system to flat line ( not work at all). It also increases my Aldosterone levels to rise ( they have been 5 times normal ). Ive had my adrenal glands checked for tumors etc, NAD. Only other thing going on is i do Urinate large volumns at night compared to during the day.

Solution so far is Spironlactone, Amilodapine and Irbesartan concoction.

Honestly, i dont think the introduction of Irbesartan has done anything. But we are working on it Smile

My Pulse was also high at night sitting between 100 and 145 BPM while i slept.
Only other symptoms of note was Breathlessness with little exhertion, fatigue, and palpitations. These were all intermittant.

BP is still a little on the high side Around 180/100 at night, but we are working on it. These levels certainly dont see me rushing off to the ER though.
|

replied June 15th, 2013
BP high at night
My BP has been mega up and down for a couple of years, but in the last 8/12 ive been seeing an endocrinologist to help me with it. My BP can be around 145/80 during the day but at night can be as high as 235/118. Yep mega High. Ive been haveing day/night studies conducted and that has shown that my sympathetic nervous system is going crazy causing my para sympathetic nervous system to flat line ( not work at all). It also increases my Aldosterone levels to rise ( they have been 5 times normal ). Ive had my adrenal glands checked for tumors etc, NAD. Only other thing going on is i do Urinate large volumns at night compared to during the day.

Honestly, i dont think the introduction of Irbesartan has done anything. But we are working on it Smile

Only other symptoms of note was Breathlessness with little exhertion, fatigue, and palpitations. These were all intermittant.

BP is still a little on the high side Around 180/100 at night, but we are working on it. These levels certainly dont see me rushing off to the ER though.
|

replied June 15th, 2013

|

replied June 15th, 2013

|

replied November 12th, 2014
High blood pressure
Hi everyone:
Could you please tell me if any of you have any answer for your questions about high blood pressure going up at night?
I'm having the same problem, during the day my blood pressure is fine but after 6pm it starts to go up.
I'm very scare because my blood pressure has been always below or 120/80. Please let me know if one of you had it sort out and how.
Thank's and I'm looking forward to hear from you. Regards
Ione
|

replied May 21st, 2015
There can be many many reasons for bp jumping at night. Low potassium , blood sugar, even a mild allergic reaction to food..about every few weeks this happen to me an I also am working on finding the answers... I know just a small amount of the herb ashwaganda under my tongue and swish and swallow always brings my pulse and pressure down within about 20 min. It really helps with the anxiety of this mystery. About 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon is all it takes..

Let me know if you find out...I am ready for this to go away..... I am sure you all feel the same. Z
|

replied January 26th, 2017
High BP at night
I just read your comments and will try ashwaganda if I can find it here.

Thanks
|

replied May 21st, 2015
There can be many many reasons for bp jumping at night. Low potassium , blood sugar, even a mild allergic reaction to food..about every few weeks this happen to me an I also am working on finding the answers... I know just a small amount of the herb ashwaganda under my tongue and swish and swallow always brings my pulse and pressure down within about 20 min. It really helps with the anxiety of this mystery. About 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon is all it takes..

Let me know if you find out...I am ready for this to go away..... I am sure you all feel the same. Z
|

replied May 21st, 2015
Swish with water then swallow.
|

replied August 10th, 2017
Ever heard about CO2 treatment of doxyva? I've heard about it and even searched on the internet for some related facts and found out of many benefits while using the device. It's good for microcirculation and I guess so, what you're feeling that time was because of imbalanced distribution of oxygen and you may have microcirculation problems. You can check it for a detailed information.
|

replied August 11th, 2017
Hi Gwen!

The funny thing is I just read about c02 treatment yesterday and it actually intrigue me on how it actually helps improve blood circulation, I too have high blood pressure and want to know how it can really help me with my condition.

Thanks!
|

replied August 14th, 2017
Hi,

Hoping to get a response soon on how C02 can help us with our high blood pressure.

Thanks!
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....