My mom and I suffer from anemia. A while back she was getting these severe headachs that wouldn't go away. She had also been having blood in stool. We took her to the emergency room , and that's when they said she needed a blood transfusion. After that initial transfusion she felt wonderful, however it lasted 2 days. She went back to the dr.and they said she lost all the blood again and geared her up for another transfusion along with a series of tests. So far they have no idea where she is losing the blood from and she just keeps plucking along, now taking iron pills but still very weak. MY question is, do we just let her rest for days on end when shes tired , do we keep taking her to the dreaded emergency room, or just wait patiently as the doctors try and figure out where she's bleeding and how to stop it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi valeriesright...If your Mother is still menstruating this could be causing the terrific blood loss...This sometimes happens as a woman gets into the Menopausal age...I know, I had this happen...What they have to find out is if it is something internal or where she is bleeding from...I know...I went through the battery of tests...

The iron pills should help..I took them for a few months while they built up my blood supply before they would operate...My advice would be to let her rest...However, if she gets very ill then take her to the emergency room...This has to be your decision as I am not in the medical profession....

Stay in contact with her physicians...Get to the bottom of what is causing this....Good luck...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....