Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

22 , blood in stool ,

User Profile
hi im 22 and its been a week since i notice blood in my stool. i was having my period last week when i noticed something weird. there was no blood on my pad but there was a bowl full of blood in the toilet bowl. i thought it was my period untill it happened again the next day. and there is where i realized that it was from my stool. i did not panicked that night coz i thought i could be wrong but the next day it was a clear sign that they were blood. so i went to d doc and they tested me for cancer marker test. im going back to d doc tmr for d result.. ill get my colonoscopy done on tuesday.
i feel no pain when i defecate. i drink fruit smooties for breakfast, whole grain for meals. and high fiber biscuits for snacks. thats has been my diet always. i defecate healthy stool. its soft n easy.but the bleeding is getting worse.its not too dark nor it is too bright. sometimes it even drip when i defecate.
my mom had polyps before. i dont know if there was any cancer history in my family

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2010
Colon Cancer Answer A16646
In the absence of a family history of colorectal cancer, this disease is very rare in your age group. More common causes of rectal bleeding in young adults include hemorrhoids, anal fissures, and perirectal abscesses, among others.

It is certainly reasonable that you undergo a colonoscopy. Hopefully, this test will find a benign cause for your rectal bleeding.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

http://acancerpreventionguide.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.