User Profile
I have this man in my church that has hep C. At the time he didn’t know it, and neither did I. So his treatment hadn’t started yet. We both had a bottle of water, his had flavoring in it. I mistakenly picked his up, and drunk out of it. I had a ulcer on my inner lip due to stress. Am I in any way at risk. I’ve heard it’s blood to blood.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Hepatitis C doesnot transmit through oral contact or on sharing drinks.Most common mode of transmission is iv drug abuse followed by blood transfusion. In 10% cases the mode of transmission is unknown.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.