User Profile
Today I saw dry blood in nose and mouth. These day I am going through stomach and sleep disorder both, for that take treatment as well. also some times mouth gets dry. But today I am really upset to see the blood in my nose. Plz advise.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2012
Blood Disorders Answer A32259
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Nosebleeds can be dramatic and frightening. Luckily, most nosebleeds are not serious and can be handled fairly easily. Nosebleeds tend to occur during winter months and in dry, cold climates.

Most common conditions that predispose a person to nosebleeds include: exposure to warm, dry air ‎for prolonged periods of time, nasal and sinus infections, allergic rhinitis, nasal foreign body (object ‎stuck in the nose), vigorous nose blowing and constant nose picking. Severe stress and anxiety also is a important factor.

A minor nosebleed that has stopped may require no treatment at all. Frequently, the body will form a ‎clot at the site of the bleeding that stops any further bleeding. ‎

When you have a nose bleed, you should remain calm and sit up straight and lean the head forwards. ‎Pinch the nostrils together apply direct pressure with the thumb and index finger for approximately 10 ‎minutes. Time it to make sure the nostrils are not released earlier. This technique will stop the majority ‎of simple nosebleeds.‎

Once the bleeding has stopped, try to prevent any further irritation to the nose, such as sneezing, ‎nose blowing, or straining for 24 hours. ‎

In case you have recurrent and much severe nose bleeds which does not stop by the above ‎measures, you might immediately consult with your doctor for proper treatment and further ‎evaluation to diagnose the underlying cause. ‎

Some measures to prevent minor nose bleeds (if you are prone to them) is to use a humidifier in the ‎home. ‎Adding moisture to the air with a humidifier or vaporizer will help keep the nose from drying out and ‎triggering more bleeding. ‎
Another option is to place a water filled pan near a heat source, such as a radiator, which vaporizes the ‎water adding moisture to the air.‎

Petroleum jelly (Vaseline), antibiotic ointment, or a saline nasal spray also may be used to keep the ‎nasal passages moist, while at work or travel. You should also avoid picking or blowing the nose too ‎vigorously.‎

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.