My daughter has had slightly elevated white blood count for over a year now. The Dr just says to keep watching it. It ranges from 12 to 16. Her Hgb has been elevated for two months and now with her last blood draw her red blood count is also slightly elevated at 5.10. Should we be seeking out a blood specialist or could it all be due to the fact that she is a smoker? She is 22. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
She needs just monitoring of these counts.
Consultation with hematologist will be helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.