Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Blood clotting disorders

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
What are some things I can do to help my blood thicken or make it so I dont bruse so easily? Also should I be concerned if I bruse easily?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2009
Blood Disorders Answer A5836

Current medical status: I have a problem with brusing and blood clotting.

Having bruises with only small impact force might be a sign of a blood clotting disorder. The mechanism of blood clotting is far too complex to cover in depth here. Inadequate quantity or activity by any of the factors might cause a blood clotting disorder. You might want to visit your family doctor and have basic laboratory tests of your blood done. If the results are inconclusive, then he might want to refer you to a specialist in hematology who will further examine your blood.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.