Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Blood Clot or something else?

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....

I am a 28 year old female. For the past 2 weeks I have had intermittent moments of quick pain in my left upper leg. They began my my knee and have since moved up to my upper thigh. The pain comes and goes, and it has occurred both when I am walking and when I am inactive. I am very active (I exercise daily) and walk around all day as a teacher. I take birth control. I am worried that I may have a blood clot, but am unsure. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2016
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With history of OCPs use get evaluated for venous thrombosis however history is different. Usual muscle spasm and nerve pinching can be a possibility.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.