Hello.

I'm 43 and there is no known history of colon cancer in my family. I take ziac for blood pressure and a daily baby aspirin. I'm 5'6" and about 192. I have a sit down job and I don't excercise much.

Three weeks ago I done allot of moving boxes and furniture. Two weeks ago I felt like I pulled a muscle in my lower left back. I would move a certain way and the pain was really intense. It got better after about two days. For about a week now there seems to be pressure and a slight burning sensation in my front lower left abdomen. Seems more noticeable when I have has and passing gas does relive it. Also moving a certain way makes me notice it too. Not sharp pain at all. No cramping to speak of just gas pains sometimes.

Sunday we had Mexican food with salsa. Last night I had a bm and it looked like on one of the pieces there was a streek of blood or possibly salsa. Today I had another bm and the same result. One piece had a streak on it. Both bm's were normal other than that or so I feel. They were not pencil narrow or anything. Don't feel constipated. There was no blood on the tp. After the bm's I do feel itching in my anus.

I'm a worry wart. I looked online and everything seems to point to possible colon cancer. Now I am really worried.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Dean
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Too soon to panic...
Dean, I'm a classic worry-wart, too. That said, I'm not doctor, but you may be too worried in this case. Blood in the stool should not be taken lightly, but there are several plausible explanation OTHER than cancer. Check out the link here and get a colonoscopy scheduled as soon as you can: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/b lood-in-stool
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....