Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bloated after hysteroscopic polypectomy

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I just had a hysteroscopic polypectomy on Friday. It's now Sunday and I have only light bleeding and minimal (if any) cramps -- which is great! However, I feel really bloated and feel like there is a excess gas in my body. I know that the doctor may have used carbon dioxide to inflate the uterus to look in it. Could I still have residual carbon dioxide in my body that I feel? MY stomach just feels very airy and its not really exiting in gas forms. Wondering if I should be calling my doctor or if I should not worry about it?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A11698

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out.

The carbon dioxide which is used for the insufflations gradually gets absorbed in the body system and shouldn’t cause any problems.

The symptoms which you are having could be due to acute gastritis / peptic ulcer disease.

Using drugs like omperazole and antacids like digene if gives relief, then this could be a possible cause.

In these conditions, there’s excessive production of gas resulting in bloating/flatulence etc.

However, I must admit it is extremely difficult to make an online diagnosis and for the same will suggest you to consult a gastroenterologist.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.