Hi,
My 2 1/2 yr old daughter recently developed what looks to be popped blisters on her skin. She has dry red skin on her thumbs and palms. I never saw any fluid in these, but they look like a popped blister. Last week she did have a red rash on her body, a low grade fever, and a little bit of vomiting. Took her to the doctor for her rash, and they stated it appeared to be a heat rash. I am concerned about her hands . It looks terrible, but doesnt seem to be causing her any discomfort.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

In babies, heat rash can be caused by well-meaning parents who dress their baby too warmly, but it can happen to any baby in very hot weather.

Since your child is not significantly affected and seems to have no pain, you need not worry.

Give it a few days and it should get completely better. Apply cool, wet washcloths to the areas affected by the rash. Let her air dry rather than rubbing with a towel. And don't use ointments or creams on the rash. These can make the rash worse by trapping moisture.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.