Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

blister like bumps that appear to be pimples...

User Profile

I am a 31 year old male who is sexually active. Recently, I have noticed very small (approx. 1MM) blister like bumps that appear to be pimples all over my groin/genital region. Thus, I have two currently on my penis head, a few scattered around my shaft and top of the genitals and most recently had one on my testicular sac and at the top of my groin area (where the the band of my boxers reach). I have had all of the STD tests (including HSV-2) which have come back negative but am still concerned with these. Also, I have visited my doctors and have been prescribed fungal creams which have not helped. Here are the symptoms:

- Red
- Very small. Approximately 1-2MM.
- Shiny appearance (sometimes look like a whitehead)
- Do not itch
- Do not hurt
- Can be popped/squeezed (I know this is wrong to do due to infection) which then producproduces a hard material that looks white, seems to be a "ball" of material and also seems to have a tail.
- After squeezed, it bleeds.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2012
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A32509
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Blister on penis can be due to herpes. Syphilis and HIV are the other possibilities (Loos like STD is ruled out in your case). Other possibility is friction blister due to sex or allergy to condom. Blisters can also be allergic reaction to something.

The bumps could be pearly white papules. Though the name suggests that they are white, most are flesh colored. They are small lumps of roughly the same size and shape. They are in a row around the margin of the head of the penis, and can be seen when the foreskin is pulled back. Also these can be present along the shaft and base of penis. They disappear with age and need no treatment. They should not be pricked as they can get infected this way.

They could also be Fordyce spots. These are dilated blood vessels covered with skin and can heal on their own. At times if they persist they are treated by CO2 laser or electro desiccation, TCA chemical peels (temporary treatment), diathermy or laser vaporization. The third possibility is blocked sebaceous glands. These too often open up on their own. Treatment will depend on the cause. Please consult an urologist. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.