Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

Blind spot on left breast

User Profile
Hi I am 50 years old and have just noticed what looks like a blind spot on my left breast. It is not painful, but a little tender when I touch it. It looks dark red in the middle and a lighter red surrounding it. I have read all the information on breast cancer and how skin would maybe look and mine doesnt have the appearance of "orange peel" just looks red and seems to have reduced in redness since yesterday. Should I just pop to the doctors to make sure all is well?? I dont really want to waste anyones time. Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2010
Breast Cancer Answer A17299
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Please get the lesion (I am referring to it as a rash) examined. You will not be wasting anyone’s time and it is important for your health. So go ahead-that’s what doctors are for.

Certain breast rashes are specific to breast like inflammatory breast cancer, Paget’s disease of the breast, mammary duct ectasia, and mastitis. Other causes of rash on the breast can be psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, seborrhagic dermatitis, fungal infection, dryness, and eczema.

Please discuss this with your doctor. It is difficult to comment further without examining the rash. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.