My husband had bled through mouth during the night. I found out when the pillow had stains of blood and a cloth which he probably used to cover his mouth had a big patch of blood stain. What could be the reason for this i am unable to find an answer. He smokes and has phlem in the morning most of the time. kindly help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2010
Supporter
I would advise your husband seeks medical attention as its not normal to bleed from mouth while asleep..Any phlem especially if dark in colour green or grey is infection and needs treated more so when a smoker..
I assume you have spoken to your husband about this and if not you really need to address him about your concerns.
This could be a number of things but as im not a doctor i can only give you friendly advice.
If your husband is one who doesn,t want to go seek help try speaking to someone he is close too and you know he will listen too..

Good luck
IOKA.
|

replied July 17th, 2010
vomiting blood and blood in stools
Thank you for your reply ioka. Yes i have spoken to him and i got to know that he vomitted blood and his stools too had blood the same day. We both were suffering from severe stomach infection and both had the same problem of bleeding through motion. He also has acidity problem since a long time. And he has agreed to visit the doctor tomorrow. I am really worried as to what could be the reason is it a serious problem? This has has happened for the first time and not repeated the next day. please reply
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2010
Supporter
hello please forgive late reply..A good friend of mine had blood in the motions and bringing up blood while having acidity problem..( a bit like heartburn ) he was tested for an ulcer and that would answer alot of what is going on with your husband..Im glad he is seeing the doctor and will probably have blood tests take etc..my friend incidently is fine..was put on medication which if memory serves correct was tagament and his symptoms settled..
The doc will require a stool sample when bleeding after motion just to rule out any other underlying ilness..try not to worry and keep us posted on outcome..
|

replied July 18th, 2010
Thank you ioka for your concern. I am feeling so relieved now. He has terrible acidity problem as he used to skip meals and have spicy food later. I am sure he ll be alright soon. Will let you know whats the result. thanks once again.
|

replied July 18th, 2010
Thank you ioka for your concern. I am feeling so relieved now. He has terrible acidity problem as he used to skip meals and have spicy food later. I am sure he ll be alright soon. Will let you know whats the result. thanks once again.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....