I was wondering if anyone knew or had any experience with this. I have a bladder infection (saw the nurse today and did a urinalysis), but every time I go to the bathroom, there's blood on the tissue and a little that drips-but never any in my underwear. I've tried to figure out where the blood is coming from and I'm pretty sure it's vaginal. Is the bleeding a normal occurrence with a bladder infection (I mentioned it to the nurse and she didn't say anything about it) or is something else going on? My last period started Oct. 26, and I think I ovulated earlier this week. My husband and I are ttc, but I wouldn't think this is implantation bleeding-isn't it a little early for that?
Any info would be SO helpful, I'm a little nervous about what the problem might be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2008
Supporter
It sounds like you're urinating blood. (This can occur when a person has an acute bladder infection.) It should be pretty easy to check to see if you're bleeding from your urethra or your vagina. Try cleaning yourself before you urinate- if there's blood then it most likely came from your vagina; if there's blood only after you urinate, that will indicate that you're urinating blood.
I would definitely watch the situation. If you see relief of your other symptoms but continue to bleed/ urinate blood I would go back to my doctor.
|

deteragram, thank you for the quick reply, it makes me feel a little better that this is possibly a more 'normal' occurrence, though I've never bled before during a bladder infection (which luckily are few and far between). I'll watch it closely and hopefully it'll go away.
|

User Profile
Supporter
No problem. I hope your infection clears up soon.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Have you contacted your doctor?
|

I called the Dr. office, they had me come in and see the nurse as I stated. I just started my meds, so hopefully it'll go away soon.
|

replied August 19th, 2011
i just had my period last august 2. Last august 17 was my scheduled ovulation but unexpectedly i'm having my period today already, my scheduled date should have been september 2 yet. Is this something I have to be alarmed with. This is my first time to experience such irregularity. Although I had some patterns before of having periods first week and last week of the month. but this time around the interval is only 16 days from my last one. Hope somebody can help me.
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
i had sex and was bleeding during my bladder infection, is something wrong?
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
i had sex and was bleeding during my bladder infection, is something wrong?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Bleeding is not usually with bladder infection unless its severe or there are stones.
I would suggest you ultrasound pelvis to sort out the underlying problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Bleeding is not usually with bladder infection unless its severe or there are stones.
I would suggest you ultrasound pelvis to sort out the underlying problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.