Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bleeding from pushing too deep ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I had sex last night with a guy who was longer than I am used to. After I got up I noticed blood. When I went to the bathroom later it was just a little spotting. He was hitting my cervix even though we were not being really rough. I had my check-up about 3 months ago and everything is fine. Could it be that he was just pushing too deep? I am on birth control and had not had sex for over a month.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A17315
Hello and thank you for posting your medical query on E health Forum.
From the history provided, it seems that you had deep penetrative intercourse, with resultant minor bleeding. This is a very common condition seen in similar situations which results from minor vaginal tears, with slight bleeding lasting for a few minutes.
The Vaginal mucosa is very delicate and is composed of multiple folds of loosely attached soft mucus membrane. Lack of enough lubrication during passionate sexual intercourse can lead to minor cuts and bruises in the vagina and then results in bleeding which lasts for short time.
You may consider to see your GP or a gynecologist, in case there is severe soreness or pain, persistent or excessive bleeding or any discharge which indicate a infection complicating this minor situation.
In the future, to prevent recurrences, you may consider to use over the counter lubricants during intercourse to avoid any sort of discomfort or pain.
I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.