Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Chat Forum

bleeding during sex?

Must Read
The loss of bladder control affects about 17 million people in the U.S. But what is incontinence? How does female incontinence occur? ...
Incontinence can be caused by mechanical, anatomic or medical issues. But what are these? And who is at risk of developing bladder problems?...
Urinary incontinence symptoms range from mild to severe. Learn to identify signs of bladder control problems and know when to seek help here....
I bleed during second intercourse too... Am only 18 yrs old ...the reason for this is?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2017
Community Volunteer
This is only the second time you had sex and were stretched and rubbed in places that did not get stretched and rubbed much before. When you have sex, your vaginal wall lining stretches and develops micr tears. This is especially true the first few times, with a new larger partner or with rough or long sex.

And your hymen is not gone, it just might have been torn the first time and it can continue to tear and be worn away over time.

Also make sure you are well lubricated. Use a personal lubricant if there is any doubts.

Other things that can cause it is your period starting, breakthrough bleeding side effect from pills or bruising your cervix during sex.

IUt is quite possible that you can bleed lightly the next few times, but if this just continues, you will have to see your doctor.

Take care and stay safe.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Post coital blood in starters is mostly laceration injuries due to hymenal rupture or some other trauma . Wait and observe if the bleeding does not stop , get it examined for any active wound or laceration . Apart from it , genital tract infections can also present as post coital bleed and should be examined for . Consult your local gynecologist and let them decide what to do.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Chat , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.