User Profile
July 1-period for 5-7 days
August 20, unprotected sex withdrawal method
August 21, took plan b
August 27, bleeding for 3 days. after the bleeding i took a home preg test and it came out neg.
sept 4, went to a clinic. took urine and blood test, came out neg.
oct 5, went to abortion clinic took blood test and ultrasound, both neg

oct 18-22, period.
oct 23, have this really dark brown thing coming out...and it happened after my period...is that normal? could i be pregnant? i've had normal brown discharge after period, but NEVER dark brown. is this normal? can i be pregnant???

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A16880
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Dark brown bleeding can be associated with lots of causes. Each is different and needs further examination, investigations to come to exact cause. The causes of brown or black vaginal discharge may be due to:
1) Menopause-not possible in your case since you are young.
2) Pelvic inflammation-possible since you are sexually active.
3) Sexually transmitted disease such as vaginal warts, gonorrhea- possible since you are sexually active.
4) Birth control pills can also be one of the causes of black or brown vaginal discharge- if you are on regular pills or repeated contraceptive use.
5) Stress related problems may cause brown discoloration of vaginal flow- This can happen in anybody's case.
6) Retained menses-Possible in your case for old endometrial lining to come out.
7) Induced abortion-You have got past history of emergency contraceptive use.
Cool Miscarriage-Possible if u have been sexually active again.
9) Cancer-Rare in your age, but cannot be ruled out.
If the black discharge is due to late period then it is the result of blood being oxidized, nothing much can be done, you will have to wait till you get your next period.
Visit a gynecologist for a thorough check.
Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.