User Profile
Hi im 37 wks pregnant and had started bleeding straight after having sex which was red like my period but after wiping had stopped an hr or so later it has continued to bleed with discharge followed by cramps should i ring my midwife or go to my doctor ?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2017
Third Trimester of Pregnancy Answer A62590
Welcome to e health forum.

If the bleeding is persistent and you are having pelvic cramps or you feel like you are having contractions then it may possible that you may be due to delivery of the child.

Hence consult your OBGYN or your midwife for a proper medical opinion.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Third Trimester of Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.