Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

bleeding after sex

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I had sex yesterday, it was my 3rd or 4th time but I haven't done sex for 2 years n now I'm bleeding since morning n it's like periods not spotting. I think I had my last period on 5th of this month. and while we had sex he ejaculated outside the vagina on my belly. so, why am I bleeding and what are the chances of pregnancy? and what can I do to prevent pregnancy?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 16th, 2017
Extremely eHealthy
Bleeding the day after first sex in 2 years is hardly surprising; things may have tightened up in there. You were close enough to ovulation (CD14=Mar19th) that sperm could last until then. Stories of pulling out to ejaculate on your belly leave open the possibility that the first squirt could have been inside.

The chance of pregnancy from a well timed encounter is never more than 30%. If you believe zero sperm escaped inside the chance is much reduced. I think in your situation I would be inclined to take emergency contraception ASAP. It will mess with the timing of your next period. Please buy your own condoms when you get the PlanB and insist on them being used correctly for every penetration.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Blood after intercourse should be evaluated for any laceration during sex. If you are expecting menstruation and your menstruation date is nearby this could be your menses. Infections of genital tract can also need to such trouble and should be evaluated point. Consult a gynecologist and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.