Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bleeding after sex and burning urination

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
What is the best medicine of having this problem? i am bleeding after contact. i had a live in partner last year, at first i dont have a problem of having this problem, but after a month or so bleeding after sex started. Its just like your first sex that you are virginized by your partner. And then, it is flaming inside when going to urine. What is this? Please give me an advise.And would you please give me a precription?...Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A9839
Hi, Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

You seem to be having post coital bleeding. The common causes for such post coital bleeding are genital infections, cervical polyps, fibroids, benign or malignant growths in the reproductive organs and endometriosis.

You need to get done a pelvic examination, per speculum examination and ultrasound lower abdomen done. You’ll also need a urine analysis as you also seem to be suffering from a urinary tract infection.

Please do consult a gynecologist for the same as it’s not possible to make a diagnosis online without a physical examination. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.