Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bleeding after pillow under hips during sex

User Profile
Hi.... I was just wondering if this happenes alot? I tried the pillow under the hips thing during sex and waited about 10-15 minutes after sex. While waiting i started to bleed at some point! (spotting really)!!! it only lasted a minute or so. It was the first time i tried the pillow under the hips. So is that a normal thing or could something be wrong? If so could you give me some idea of what could have caused the bleeding!!!

Thank you so much for your time and your answer.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2010
General Q and A Answer A8963
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

There is no harm in putting a pillow under your hip while having sex. It only results in a deeper thrust of the penis. This could have caused bleeding or spotting due to cervical polyps, yeast infections, endometriosis, cervical dysplasia which is a precancerous condition, uterine polyps, uterine fibroids and cervicitis or inflammation of cervix.

You can discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist and get your self examined as a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on the internet. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.