Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Bleeding after 14 day period

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
im wondering what or why i am having vaginal bleeding when my cycle ended 2 weeks ago i have been bleeding for 6days now ans it is heavy bleeding like i was having my period but im not having a period what could be wrong and im starting to feel weak and tired alot can i be getting animic from this?please help thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A9482

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the bleeding that occurs after 14 days of periods. This bleeding which presents itself after 14 days of periods raises the possibility of intermenstrual bleeding. It can be due to genital infections or cervical polyps (benign growths on the cervix). Other causes may be uterine fibroids, miscarriage after a pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, fluctuation in hormone levels and hypothyroidism. Please get yourself evaluated by a gynecologist as a pelvic examination and investigations like thyroid function tests, hormone levels, ultrasound of the uterus and HCG levels in blood to confirm the status of pregnancy are required to confirm a diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For an exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.