Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Bleed after intercourse

User Profile
I bleed after intercourse with my husband. We have been married for 21 years and this started about 7 years ago. It is not all the time but becoming more regular. I am finding some pain and I also have a lot of headaches.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A13657
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Prolapsed means a slip or fall out of place, as of body parts like ‘prolapsed uterus’, ‘prolapsed rectum’ etc.
Your bleeding after intercourse could indicate erosion of the prolapsed uterus (if your uterus was diagnosed to be prolapsed).
I would recommend you to get a thorough examination by your gynecologist along with a PAP smear test to rule out any serious cause.
The pain with intercourse also indicates possibility of pelvic infection, get that checked too when you go for a check-up.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.