Four weeks ago I had part of a disk and surrounding bone removed. For the second time in a year. Right after surgery going to the bathroom I noticed my bladder had no sensation of being full. I just thought it would pass in time. I did mention it to my Dr. on my three week exam, but he more or less just brushed it off as no big deal. There is no leakage yet because I empty my bladder when I know it's full. other wise it would leak. In the morning I drink two cups of coffee and usually run to the bathroom in the first 20 minutes. Now after 3 hours there is no feeling of a full bladder. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it I just know it's not normal and it does worry me. My biggest fear is both parents had kidney failure so I am a little scared. What should be my next move? If my Dr. see's nothing wrong who do I talk to.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi

That's quite an operation you had. After or during the operation did you have an epidural? That would explain why right after surgery you had no sensation of your bladder being full. If you didn't is it possible they disturbed some nerves around the area?

I could see why you would be concerned giving that your parents had kidney failure. Is what they have or had hereditary? Do you have signs of kidney issues?

If your doctor still won't listen to you see another doctor? Are you going to a urologist now or are you being followed by the doctor who operated on your disc and bone?
|

replied April 6th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I agree with butterfly. Get another opinion. With a family history of kidney failure the dr. should be checking on that. That is a lot of surgery. I hope you are recovering from it. Aside from the bladder sensation I mean. Take care.
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...