My father is 70 years old. He is not diabetic but hypertensive. He had minor stroke from 7 years but now he is fine
The problem under question is Frequency and incontinent in affection of the bladder and prostate such as cystitis and prostatitis. The medication he takes is: Genurin (Flavoxate Hydrochloride 200mg). However it doesn’t give good results all the time.
My questions are
* What are the main causes for less bladder control.
* Should we add anti-inflammatory to Genurin make it more effective
* Are there more effective medications for these symptoms
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2019
Yes there are a number of alternatives that can be tried on a trial basis in consultation with your doctor. These include Mirabegron, tamsulosin,pregabalin and tolterodine.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stroke
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.