Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

black dot appears under skin grows up to 20 cm?

User Profile
I have a black dot that appears under which you can hardly see on my skin, within a day it grows into a small lump then the next day it spreads like an infection with redness under the skin, sometimes up to 20 cm diameter. It gives me a slight fever and sore bones all over for 2 days after that just the localised area is stiff and sore, then it takes a week to disappear. Their is no pimple, blisters, open sores or puss. It just gets itchy. This has happened 5 times in a year now, one on the leg, one in the groin, 2 on the shoulder and one on my eyelid. can you tell me what it is

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2012
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A34119
Welcome to e health forum.

The description provided is inadequate to make a exact pin point diagnosis. A physical examination of the lesion would be very essential in this regard.

It is possible that you are referring to infective conditions like cellulitis associated with skin infections like folliculitis or furunculosis, impetigo, etc.

You might benefit by consulting with a dermatologist or your primary doctor for a examination and appropriate treatment. Antibiotics and antihistmines may be prescribed by your doctor to treat the underlying infection and reduce the inflammatory reaction. Other conditions like infective endocarditis or vasculitis can also be ruled out, after proper assessment of your history and physical findings.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.