Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Biting Phobia -2 years old and he wont eat anything solid

My godson is 2 years old and he wont eat anything solid, seems like he is scare to bite. He only eats spaghetti or milk, everything has to be smashed so he can swallow it. im very worry about this. is this a normal thing? seems like he has a phobia in biting solid food.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi moreno2011 and welcome to ehealth: He is young...Just about too young to understand what you are telling him...If it continues, the parents might want to talk to their Pediatrition about this problem...It's funny thinking back as when I was young I couldn't eat mashed potatoes...I would gag every time...Possibly he had something that scared him when he was younger...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....