About 5 weeks ago I was in the school ground with my friends (during recess) and I saw a pack of girls standing across the locker bay. For a fleeting moment I felt the urge to bite one of them on the neck. I scared myself for a few minutes, but then decided to dismiss the thought. Now, however, the thought has evolved over those weeks and now every time I see a girl who's attractive to me I want to grab her and sink my teeth into her neck (I have no desire to drink the blood if you're wondering). I see a counselor at the moment, but her and I are confused at this issue. Has anyone had a similar case and/or does anyone have a possible explanation in why I feel this urge?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Creator
|

replied March 31st, 2009
dont know
dont know but there is help or a cure to your problem he name is jesus and he can set you free from whatever problem you face if it is physical or a spiritual problem, ask him into your life for him to help you and fill you wiyh his wonderful love and having a awsome relationship with him daily.
|

replied May 29th, 2012
The answer to all life's problems is not Jesus. If that were the case we wouldn't have the problems to begin with because we all have Jesus some people really need help stop with the Jesus pimping
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
Did that almost 3 years ago. I do pray for this to go away (and it slowly is), but I just thought I could get other help here. Thanks anyway mate. God bless you.
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
Supporter
do you have a fascination with vanpire movies? have you ever bit anyone before?
i was diagnosis with chronic depression, being depressed your thoughts are negative, so when i get a negative thought in my head. i tell myself something positive.
it's just like telling yourself you are beautiful in the mirror every morning.
this is just one suggestion of many.
for example when you get the urge to do it, tell yourself "you cant do that b/c it would hurt the person".
|

replied June 14th, 2009
I do have a fascination with vampires, not movies/books exactly, but a general fascination. No, I have not bitten anybody before. I never thought that it could be linked to depression, but I'll try some of those techniques. Thank you.
|

replied June 14th, 2009
okay first off, leave jesus/god out of this. this is not a website to push religion on. second you dont want to harm the girls, you dont need therapy. its a kinky fetish. like hickies. nibbling on ear lobes? anyone? anyone? as long as you dont break skin. as long as you stop if she says "oww" if it gets past that point then yes you need to see a therapist.
|

replied July 29th, 2009
it's a common human trait
Nah it's nothing too wierd. My bf and I bite each other all the time as a sign of affection. I've done some research on this and it seems to be a quite common human trait.

Most people get the urge when they find something really cute or feel in a playful mood. For other people it can be a sign of stress but I must point out that this still really a negative thing as the intention is not usually to bite so hard that you would hurt. It's not like you actually want to eat her. Just bite.

It might be a bit weird and even considered harassment if you just walk up and bite her if you don't know her very well though, so I would advise against doing so. Perhaps try it with someone that you love.
|

replied August 20th, 2009
This girl at my old school used to come up to me and my frineds and bite us. I diden't know why she ever did this but she told me once that she felt this urge to bite and lick peolple. She said once she bit someone or her arm she felt the desire to go away. So mabe bite something...
|
Users who thank snackattackmycat for this post: TGTJNGV 

replied February 22nd, 2010
BITING PEOPLE
My mum bites and she is not stressed
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
I love to bite my boyfriend, i''ve always thought of it as a primal/carnal urge that mammals are naturally inclined to as a sign of affection or companionship. like the way dogs nip and "bite" when playing. when i started doing it, he expressed how much he liked it and started doing it to me. it''s not that i want to hurt him or anything remotely like that, its just an amazing sensation and i feel it strengthens our connection as friends and lovers more than any of the traditional "signs of affection" commonly used today.
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
There are disassociative disorders that cause animal like behavior but they are much more involved than what you're describing. Biting can be a sexual behavior, not a fetish, and your desire to bite is likely a part of your need to process sexual feelings. While what you're feeling isn't common to all people it's not unhealthy psychologically speaking, unless you find that you struggle to control that desire to bite or if you find your desire to bite causes you to hurt others without their consent.

I would worry less about this. Harmless sexual excentricity is the hallmark of your teenage years. Once you have more sexual experience and confidence, it's very unlikely you'll feel this way.
|

replied October 1st, 2011
biting
i luv biting things, not soft things, hard things but, i do seem to want to bite and lick peoples necks... and my canine teeth are unussually sharp but look normal... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?
|

replied August 27th, 2012
Hmm. Well, I softly and playfully bite my husbands arms and ears (for ears I cover my teeth with my lips), and sometimes neck and sometimes fingers. Never hard or to hurt, only to play. It's goofy and fun. I also like to chew things, but that has been disappearing as I age (I'm 40 now).

I'd like to say don't worry about it but I don't know enough of the story to make that statement. If it's overwhelming, scary to you, or you feel like you want to hurt someone, I'd say look further into it.

My husband, incidentally, thought this was weird the first few times I did it, and it was just an out of the blue silly thing I did, not prompted by any urge to bite, but now he gets an outrageously goofy look on his face and nibbles me back. It's a way to play and is always accompanied by laughter.
|

replied February 22nd, 2014
Bit trivial, I thought. Being bitten on the arm by a 17 year old I'm almost mid twenties.
I didn't exactly hate it. Can't figure the reason as to why he did it, my thoughts.. hes comfortable with me?
Violence done towards him, so he asserts this behaviour? Playfullness?
His response, he loves to bite.
Just casual about it.
Nice big bite Smile left a mark.
|

replied February 22nd, 2014
Bit trivial, I thought. Being bitten on the arm by a 17 year old I'm almost mid twenties.
I didn't exactly hate it. Can't figure the reason as to why he did it, my thoughts.. hes comfortable with me?
Violence done towards him, so he asserts this behaviour? Playfullness?
His response, he loves to bite.
Just casual about it.
Nice big bite Smile left a mark.
|

replied June 24th, 2014
Obsessions can take many different forms. As vast as the most bizarre things you can think of, are the forms of obsessions that a person can struggle with. Whether it's eating glass, having frightening thoughts about hurting people you love, or biting people, it's important for you to remember that your thoughts don't define you. Obsessions can sometimes be associated with anxiety. Medication and therapy have been proven effective in treating all sorts of obsessions and varieties of anxiety disorders.

You are not weird or alone. Many people have urges and thoughts they can't explain. Remember, you may not always be able to control your thoughts and urges, but you can control how you respond to them.
|
Tags: neck
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....