I have just moved into a new house and both my girlfriend and I are getting bitten a lot over night.

The bits are smallish and red and itchy they fade after a few days.

The bed we sleep in now is the same bed we slept in before moving and I have looked at the mattress / sheets and can't see any bed bugs or little dabs of blood etc.

The woman we bought the house from had a cat and its hair was everywhere but I have cleaned all the floors now (all the floors in the house are laminate, no carpet apart from the stairs).

I have even removed the carpet from the stairs now in case something was living in that.

Yet still we are getting bitten.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what it could be (or how I could catch some and find out) and how I can stop them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 25th, 2011
THE APARTMENT MY SISTER MOVED INTO HAD BED BUGS BEFORE SHE GOT THERE. THEN INFESTED ALL HER BEDDING AND CONTINUE TO STILL BITE ON HER LEGS AND ARMS. SO THE BED BUGS COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN IN THE HOUSE.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....