Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

biten by my cat and in alot of pain

Hi i recently got bitten by my cat as i tried to break up a fight before it started. He bite me pretty hard and my hand is killing, i have 1 large wound and 3 small ones. My hand just feel sore and badly bruised, also my thumb is numb but i think that could do with fact its so close to the wound. I have cleaned it everyday, used antiseptic creams and bandaged it up everyday to insure no infection gets in. I know that cat bites are the worst to have and you will all tell me to go to the doctors, but i wont i am petrified of hospitals and needles. Also i am off on holiday on monday for a week is there anything anyone can suggest somthing to stop the pain or from it getting infected, my skin feels awfully tight and painful its even getting hard to grip somthing. please help, thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2013
It could be cat-scratch fever. Especially if your cat is an indoor/outdoor cat, he may have some kind of bacteria in his mouth that got transferred to your hand when he bit you. If your hand and arm are getting a slight swelling and bruising, then I'm sorry but you should go to the doctor. Antibiotics will be prescribed if it's cat-scratch fever. Also, have you had a fever along with this? If not, then it's not CSF but probably a bacterial infection. Have someone go with you to the hospital if you're afraid, but you can only get anti-biotics from a doctor.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....