Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Bit scared I have leukaemia

I just need to vent a bit I think, Im feeling very nervous. Ive had health problems for a long time, the main one being fibromyalgia, a pain condition that has lots of other symptoms along with it, but I always seem to have random symptoms that I cant explain. Its all come to head recently though because Ive been picking up bugs and viruses so my immune system is obviously not very good, I had laryngitis symptoms 2 weeks ago and lost my voice for 4 days, and then as that was going away I got chickenpox for a second time which I know isn't supposed to happen. Ive been losing weight because Im finding I hard to get food down, I am still getting hungry sometimes though. I have joint and muscle pain but that could be the fibro. I get headaches quite a lot, I had one for 5 days a few weeks ago. I have night sweats and Ive been getting a lot of bruises on my legs for a few months but its worse lately. I have allergies and intolerances so get abdominal pain, Ive been getting some pains in my chest sometimes too though. I always feel like Ive got low blood sugar, I get hand tremors a fair bit. Im tired all the time, but again that could be from my other problems, I never sleep well. Ive always been pale but I do think I look a different kind of pale now, a bit sickly looking. I have nausea a lot too. I had blood tests this morning, the doc was a bit worried about my symptoms, I think shes more thinking of hyperthyroidism which can also explain a lot of my symptoms, but not things like the bruising. Im just a bit scared, feel like my body is failing on me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 19th, 2014
Ok thankyou, Ill have a look. And I don't have leukaemia, they think chickenpox stopped my blood clotting for a while which caused the bruising. Still don't know what causes my other problems though!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...