Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

birth control pills should I wait ?

It's Monday and I started my period. I really want to start my birth control pills but I started a day too late. Is it okay to take the Sunday and Monday pills today or should I wait until this upcoming Sunday?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Do not double up on pills. Just keep on taking them one at a time starting today. There is no magic to starting it on a Sunday.Starting on a Monday or Tuesday is just as good. If you really want to keep to a Sunday start, skip the last two inactive pill of this pack on the last Sunday and start the next pack that Sunday (so only take 5 of the inactive pills).

Remember that you may still be fertile for a week after starting, so also use condoms. Condoms are anyways a good idea if you are not in a long term relationship.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...